Jump to navigation Jump to search
Details are to be found on the MaLa Website on how to a achive a quick and easy set-up.
The following information is posted here to suppliment that.
Quick MAME setup
- Download the Windows command line version of MAME
- Extract MAME in a directory on your harddisk (eg c:\mame)
- Optional: Download catver.ini (Genre)
- Optional: Download controls.ini (Controls)
- Optional: Download history.dat
- Copy all optional files in the MAME directory
- Download MaLa from the download page
- Extract or install the program on your harddisk
- Execute MaLa
The options dialog will open
- Point the MAME executable to your mame.exe file
- MaLa will create a mame.ini and a mame.xml file for you if not found
- Enter a rom path and a snap path
- Close the dialog and MaLa will ask you to refresh the main game list.
Accessing more options later:
- Remember to just click with your right mouse button somewhere on the background to open a popup menu.