Details are to be found on the MaLa Website on how to a achive a quick and easy set-up.
The following information is posted here to suppliment that.
Quick MAME setup
• Download the Windows command line version of MAME
• Extract MAME in a directory on your harddisk (eg c:\mame)
• Optional: Download catver.ini (Genre)
• Optional: Download controls.ini (Controls)
• Optional: Download history.dat
• Copy all optional files in the MAME directory
• Download MaLa from the download page
• Extract or install the program on your harddisk
- Execute MaLa
• The options dialog will open
• Point the MAME executable to your mame.exe file
• MaLa will create a mame.ini and a mame.xml file for you if not found
• Enter a rom path and a snap path
• Close the dialog and MaLa will ask you to refresh the main game list.
- Accessing more options later
Remember to just click with your right mouse button somewhere on the background to open a popup menu.
|Visit the Front-End index.|